In Home Care
In Home Care is fit for those who need assistance but prefer to remain in the comfort of their own homes. Home care can range from assisting only a few hours a day to constant, 24-hour assistance.
We’re committed to helping you determine if In Home care is the best option for you or your loved one. We suggest that you follow these guidelines when choosing a home care provider:
- Does the in-home provider screen, bond and insure your in home provider?
- Does the in-home provider conduct a pre-employment background check?
- Is your in-home provider an employee of an agency?
- Does the in-home agency provide worker’s compensation, and liability insurance to their caregivers?
- Are the in-home caregivers trained and properly supervised?
- Does the agency offer a free in-home assessment?
- Does the caregiver keep the family involved with care plan creation for your senior care recipient?
- Does the home care provider respond promptly to phone calls and questions?
Quick Facts about In-Home care options:
o Private duty/private pay/$17-$24 per hour
o Skilled care/ Medicare funded/prescribed by a doctor
- Living in the comfort of your own home and neighborhood
- One of the most expensive types of care
- Someone has to manage the schedule
- Relying on one caregiver who can be late or not show
- Difficulty in knowing when the care will be needed
Talk to us for help determining if in-home care is the right option for you or your loved one.