New options and updates in eldercare for your loved one!
We have been amazed in 2018 by the rapid change in options for senior housing, home care and senior resources. Here are some updates to share with you:
Residential Care Homes
A new type of senior housing that is growing in popularity in West Michigan are residential care homes. These are essentially mini assisted livings that are operated out of private homes. They are licensed and staffed professionally, the owner is generally no the care giver. They can cost a bit less and provide a very nice quality of living and care for the right resident. We have recently toured over a dozen of them! These properties should not be overlooked as an option for your loved one!
Recently toured include:
- Care Cardinal Belmont
- Care Cardinal Alger Heights
- Re-Purposed Assisted Living
- Oakwood Manor
- Ascension Homes
VA Application Assistance
Here at Crossroads we are now offering free assistance in applying for the VA Aid and Attendance pension. We have partnered with Richard Goodrich formally of Kent County Veteran Services to provide this invaluable assistance to families trying to obtain this financial benefit. Call Crossroads to schedule an appointment.
Lots of new Senior Housing coming to Grand Rapids!
To name a few:
- Provisions Senior Living – over 100 new assisted living and memory care rooms
- Cascade Trails – Over 125 new independent, assisted and memory care rooms
- Trilogy Health Services – a new continuum coming to Byron Center
- Traditions at Rivertown – 150 new senior housing units
- Legacies Assisted living – 28 assisted living and memory care apartments
and…we have new wheels!
If you are in need of transportation to tour senior housing properties, we are available at no charge!! Just call to schedule an appointment.